Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Would You Drive It? #3


Norm loves trucks. Especially GMC or Chevy vehicles. Many of Norm's earlier jobs required he drive a pick-up and he was always amazed at how well they performed. Of course they're not a reasonable vehicle for an urban resident or long commuter. But for anybody that works a trade for a living, they're a must. Norm has been looking for a used truck for a long time. They're very rare around these parts, as everybody needs one. And the ones that are within Norm's price range are usually pretty rusted. But Norm recently got a lead on a used GMC long bed that he may be able to afford!! (The photo shows the 2007 GMC Sierra.)

5 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I'm not comfortable in big vehicles. I find them too hard to drive. Probably because I'm a teeny-car driver.

It's pick-up truck central in my area too. Every landscaper, plumber, electrician, pool maintence and contractor has one. And in the winter, they all add snow plows to the front. Good luck in your used truck search!

11:05 AM  
Blogger LA said...

A full-blown pickup? Probably not. I used to drive my brother's old Grand Cherokee sometimes, and I could see myself in something like that (if it were hybrid).

12:41 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

I did not have the success I had hoped for when I drove a Chevy truck. It was a 1-ton Crew Cab gas guzzler. I now have a Ford F-250 diesel that tows much more efficiently.

12:59 PM  
Blogger norm said...

Mish, it's that hicksville thing!! Norm gets truck envy on a regular basis. (Thanks!!)

LA, the truck Norm seeks would be a full 8' by 4' bed with just the standard cab. It makes a huge difference when loading sheet rock and plywood to be able to just place it flat in the back!!

Dan, the F-250s are awesome. Norm's brother has one and uses it to tow his boat.

7:25 PM  
Blogger v said...

Yeah, I'll admit I thought about cruising in a tough, rugged, but sleek truck. Then I saw what they get MPG. Plus I always keep hearing they're not as comfortable as cars.

I think trucks should be left to those people who actually use a truck's features.

It still baffles me that anyone actually needs an H2 or H3, lol.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home