Saturday, October 13, 2007

Norm's World #36


It's been crazy for Norm. This beaver situation has been exhausting. Here is a shot of one of their older versions of the dam they keep rebuilding, (and Norm keeps pulling it apart) across a 25 ft. span. Recently Norm just opted for a peroid of peace, and let them build it into a mighty industrial version, which had the river flooding the rock formation Norm used to sit on. After three days of heavy rain, Norm had to muster his man energy and pull it apart. All the sticks and logs were imbedded in a deep mud wall under the water, which adds to the thrill of the pointed wooden ends.

4 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

I wonder if they get frustrated or if they are happier building their dams? In knitting terms, we call it "process" versus "product." Are beavers process dam builders or product dam builders?

I'm a process knitter.

11:08 PM  
Blogger prettykitty said...

norm, you're not the only dude that considers it crazy and exhausting to have beavers zapping his man energy.

4:15 AM  
Blogger norm said...

LA, if Norm had to venture a guess, he would say they are product builders. Until they discover it pulled apart, then they quickly become process builders.

PK, surely you refer to the elusive, yet alluring Cuban beaver? Norm has yet to encounter one of those.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - you raise an interesting question. Based on my limited and recent exeperience with the beasties, I would agree with Norm . . .

I think I am both a process and product knitter - I love the knitting, but I also love wearing what I have knitted

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home